Although National Brake Month is actually the month of July, many auto mechanics, including the ones at Import Auto Specialists in San Diego, think October is the most important month for getting your brakes checked out and dealt with if they need repairs or parts replacement. Why is that?
You know how important it is to have good working brakes. Losing control of a car in an emergency stop situation is a terrible situation. The best measures in your car -- in terms of not just your car’s care, but your own expenses -- is to be proactive with preventive repairs.
There are a variety of elements around October that make us mindful that people need to attend to their brakes:
- School’s back in session. With kids back out in the streets, and coming home in the late afternoon, you will once again have to worry about kids suddenly in the road. Not to mention inexperienced teenage drivers learning to drive for the first time in the midst of COVID19.
- Halloween is at the end of the month. This year, Halloween takes place on a Saturday. That means that in addition to sugar-rushed kids rushing across the street on their quest for candy-- likely this year to be wearing full face masks-- you may also have to contend with adult party goers driving under the influence late that same night. Sudden stops are a likely fate.
- Daylight Savings Time is upon us. As the days grow shorter, there’s less daylight to get home each night. Lower visibility means less reaction time… less reaction time with bad brakes means accidents.
- The holidays can really creep up on you. Before you know it, we’ll be making plans for Thanksgiving travel. You don’t want to be having to deal with your car’s brakes just as everyone else begins to do the same. Better to deal with any needs you have early!
- Fall and winter are on the way. Soon, there will be icy road conditions in some parts of California. The last thing you need it to pump the breaks going into an ice skid and lose them coming out.
In addition to checking on your brakes, remember that the fires around California have created lots of ash. Your car’s cabin and engine air filters will need to be changed sooner than expected due to the ashes clogging them up. Bring your import car into Import Auto Specialists in San Diego to have our auto mechanics get your filters replaced and to get your brakes signed off on for the coming season. Just click this embedded link to schedule an appointment today. Or give us a call at 858-221-4742. We’re located at 7171 Ronson Rd Ste B, San Diego, CA 92111 and we’re open Mondays through Fridays, from 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM.