If you do a lot of driving in the city, as Uber/Lyft drivers and pizza delivery drivers do, you know more than a few handy mobile applications to help you get the job done. We’re looking at the top 5 free driving apps, available both on Android phones and iPhones!
5. Parkopedia - It’s great to have a program to get you where you need to be, but what do you do when you arrive and there’s no parking? Parkopedia shows you the nearest available parking.
4. GasBuddy - Ever held off on getting gas thinking that your usual spot would be the lowest, and then feel the sting of seeing you could have had your gas cheaper where you were, GasBuddy is for you, letting you know what the lowest gas is between destinations.
3. Roadtrippers - If you’re doing any traveling over the holidays, Roadtrippers is a great free app for calculating the cost of your travel and the pit stops and detours you’ll need to make along the way.
2. GoogleMaps - There’s something to be said for simplicity in a navigation app. GoogleMaps is great about letting you navigate on the fly, and even lets you add stops on the way to your destination seamlessly.
1. Waze - Considered the king of navigation apps, even its detractors have to agree it offers the most. Waze uses the same shared data pool as GoogleMaps to determine problems, hazards, and speed traps, but makes it considerably easier to update. It’s much safer to use than GoogleMaps because it forces you to stop your car to get new driving information, making it an ideal addition for new drivers.
We hope you’ll have a safe and happy holiday this year. Remember that if you need to travel into colder climates, it’s best to get an inspection before you go. Just click this embedded link to schedule an appointment today. We’re located at 7171 Ronson Rd Ste B, San Diego, CA 92111 and we’re open Mondays through Fridays, from 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM.