The Most Reliable Brands In The World (And Why It Doesn’t Matter Who’s First)
Photo by Dylan McLeod on Unsplash
No one you’ll ever meet will say they want an unreliable car. Most people who say they want “reliability” mean they want a car that won’t break down on them, doesn’t need too many repairs too often and get them to where they need to go with no stress. One way or another, reliability is a huge factor when buying a new car—and many people would instead buy from brands that are known as reliable rather than ones with questionable reputations.
However, we're here to tell you that it doesn't matter who comes first when it comes to this subject: all cars have their upsides and downsides; what matters most is how well-maintained your vehicle is throughout its lifetime. But first, let’s go through some of the most reliable vehicle brands on the market.
The most reliable car brands in the world are what you’d expect–with possibly a surprise or two!
- BMW. BMW is a German luxury brand best known for its engineering and performance. It's also the most reliable car brand in the world, according to Consumer Reports' ranking of 228 brands based on owner surveys (the magazine says it includes "almost 80 percent" of new cars sold in America). BMW has won awards for quality and reliability before: In 2014, it was named an "Automotive Brand of the Year" by Global Automotive Loyalty Awards; that same year, it ranked No. 2 out of 200 car brands for customer satisfaction in J.D Power's annual survey.
- Lexus. Lexus is a luxury brand that's part of the Toyota group. Lexus' reliability can be attributed to its parent company's commitment to innovation and quality. Lexus also offers an impressive warranty: five years or 60,000 miles (whichever comes first) for everyday wear and tear, with powertrain coverage up to 10 years or 100,000 miles (whichever comes first). Kia
- Kia. Kia is a Korean car manufacturer. Kia's most reliable models include the Optima, Cadenza, and Sedona. Kia has won awards for its quality control and reliability.
- GMC. GMC is a division of General Motors. It has been making trucks since 1902 and currently operates as the second-largest truck manufacturer in the US and the third largest in the world. GM vehicles have won awards at events like the J.D. Power Initial Quality Study.
- Ford. Ford is a famous brand with a long history of making reliable cars. It's also one of the oldest and largest automakers in the world.
Reliable cars are well-maintained cars. Focus on taking care of your car rather than the brand.
Regarding reliability, it's essential to focus on the car itself. The brand doesn't matter as much as how you take care of your car and whether or not you need all those bells and whistles. Ensure you’re getting routine maintenance done, you’re on top of your fluids and brakes, and you pay attention to your vehicle's scheduled needs. Stop into your trusted mechanic often and come in immediately if you notice a problem.
At Import Auto Specialists, we can help you maintain your vehicle!
We want to keep your vehicle safe, reliable, and ready to roll. Our auto mechanics are friendly, knowledgeable, ethical, ASE-certified technicians ready to help you get your car in shape when you are prepared to invest in your vehicle's long-term health. We are located at 7171 Ronson Rd Ste B, San Diego, CA 92111, and we're open Mondays through Fridays, from 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM. Please schedule an appointment today.