The summertime is when most people prefer to go out and about with friends and family. With more drivers on the road, accidents become a greater threat. Whether you are making short commutes or long road trips, it is important that you are operating a safe car. Below are the top most common summer driving hazards that you should be wary of:
- Weather - The summer weather can be just as unpredictable as any other season, so make sure you check the weather forecast periodically. Your vehicle should be equipped to handle extreme thunderstorms, blistering heat, and anything in between.
- Drunk Drivers - Summer is a time of many celebrations. It is a given that you should never drink and drive. But be on the lookout to report any drunk drivers on the road.
- Heat - Children, pets, and even some of your car parts are sensitive to the heat. Make sure you take the extra measures to keep your vehicle cool. This includes making sure the air conditioning in your car works. Furthermore, park away from the sun or in a garage to keep your vehicle and critical components from wear and tear.
- Road Construction - Construction projects often go into full gear this time of year, and they can slow down your drives. If there are any construction zones on your route, be sure to stay focused on navigating through them. Proceed with caution to protect yourself and your car.
- Smartphone - While phones are not really a seasonal concern, they still present a major threat 365 days of the year. To prevent distracted driving, make sure your phone is out of your hands and out of sight. You should always ask a fellow passenger to assist with navigation.
- Other Drivers - Of course, a major threat to you is other motorists. Statistics show that many drivers take more risks while driving in the summer than at any other time of the year. Therefore, you should be extra cautious on the road. And make sure you maintain a safe distance from other cars.
We want to make sure your car is performing in tip-tip shape this summer. If you need any auto maintenance or repairs, please do not hesitate to call or visit the professionals at Import Auto Specialists.